Congratulations! You’ve just closed on your new home. Anyone who’s bought a house knows that buying a home is a lot like running a marathon. You’ve crossed the finish line, now how will you celebrate your victory?
- Take a family photo. You’ve just completeda major milestone. So, put on your best smile and take a photo on front of your new property to celebrate the moment and help keep the memory forever.
- Celebrate the empty space. There’s nothing like walking into an empty house and looking around at all the possibility. And, you’re house isn’t going to stay empty for long. Have an indoor picnic or pitch a tent and spend the night in the open space. You might even want to pop a bottle of something bubbly.
- Buy something special. Nothing commemorates a new home like new furniture or décor. Depending on your budget, you might consider purchasing a single item like a piece of art, or you might decide to completely re-furnish your space.
- Consider a blessing or ceremony. This might not be for everyone, but it can be nice to bless your new home with a prayer, ceremony, or ritual to invite good vibes into your new living space. People do everything from lighting candles, to burning sage, or even sweeping out “the old” to ready their homes for all the good memories to come.
- Throw a party. A housewarming party is a great way to celebrate your new home and bring your friends together to see your new place. Don’t forget you invite your new neighbors also!